Boise River Flood Control District #10 is seeking a new full-time District Manager. Application deadline is Oct. 1 at 5 p.m.
Salary range is $65,000-$110,00 annually depending on experience.
The job provides the following benefits: Flextime, Idaho PERSI retirement program, Health Insurance stipend, paid leave and vehicle mileage.
Desired Start Date: January 9, 2023
Boise River Flood Control District #10
FCD 10 is a special taxing district. The District is responsible for managing approximately 35 river miles from Garden City to just upriver from the I-84 Freeway in Caldwell, Idaho. The District maintains the river channel conveyance to reduce flood risk in both urban and rural areas of Ada and Canyon counties. The District is directed by an appointed Board of three Commissioners, who serve for unlimited terms. The District currently has two employees, and contracts for accounting, public information, engineering, legal, river operations and IT services. The District maintains no “storefront;” employees work from home offices. The District works collaboratively with local, state and federal agencies and conservation groups to build and maintain strong interagency stakeholder relationships.
More information about FCD 10 can be found at the District’s website https://boiseriver.org.
General Position Summary:
Serving as the executive director, the District Manager reports to the 3-member Board of Commissioners who are appointed by the Director of Idaho Department of Water Resources. The successful candidate will have proven leadership, cooperative management, and administrative skills to maintain current programs and successfully position the District for future growth.
FCD 10’s budget is comprised of local taxes. The annual budget does not support large projects to mitigate the flood risk to landowners. The District Manager must be skilled in grant application processes for state and federal agencies, and have the ability to leverage stakeholder participation and contributions to procure the local matching funds often required by grant providers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Equipment operation in a riverine environment
- Federal and State permitting requirements for channel alteration
- River flow hydraulics and velocity impacts on banks and structures
- Best practices for river bank repair
- Basic public meeting and records retention rules and regulations
- Basic Human Resource rules and regulations
- Grant application procedures and processes
- Idaho water law
- Written and verbal communications skills for audiences ranging from the general public, the District Commissioners, landowners, special interest groups, other agencies, and elected officials.
- Computer software, including word processing, spreadsheets, website platforms, and accounting.
- Supervision of District employees and contract service providers
- Budget management
- Contract development, negotiation, and management
- Address issues calmly, tactfully, and proactively
- Keep the Commissioners well-informed and engaged
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Five years of experience managing/supervising/leading organizations and/or programs in a closely related field
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, agriculture, engineering, water resources or closely related field.
- Experience with riverine environments
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as determined by the FCD 10 Board of Commissioners.
To be considered as a candidate, please submit a completed and signed resume with a letter of introduction describing why you are interested in the position and how your specific experience qualifies you to meet the requirements of the position duties listed above. The successful applicant will work with the current DM in a training status for up to 8 months.
Submit by email or postal service to:
Attn: Mike Dimmick [email protected]
District Manager, Boise River Flood Control District #10
P.O. Box 140396
Garden City, Idaho 83714
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5:00 PM, OCTOBER 1, 2022